Every Breast Cancer Awareness Month, thousands of people wear pink to care for and support people affected by breast cancer. However, people do not know the reason why they wear pink for breast cancer. Let’s find out why!
Why Do People Wear Pink For Breast Cancer?
- Pink is considered feminine in modern Western countries. It evokes traditional feminine gender roles, caring for other people, being beautiful, being good, and being cooperative.
- It represents fear of breast cancer, hope for the future, interests, and promotion of women who affected breast cancer.
- People now wear pink to raise awareness of the disease and highlight the importance of checking their breasts.
- It is worn pink to show their support for others going through treatment, and to remember their women who passed away because of breast cancer.
- People also wear pink to share their experiences with the world to try and take away the myths and fears cancer can bring. They want to represent the women affected by breast cancer, to show you can have a life after cancer and it does not always mean life is over. Their support is also a way to show appreciation and gratitude to those doing the research and supporting the charity.